What if I don’t receive an Annual Review decision or plan within the timescale?

The Local Authority are expected to follow the lawful process (outlined from chapter 9.166 in the SEND Code of Practice 2015);  however our advice is to speak to them initially, to find out what is causing the delay.

Ask your SEN Adviser at the local authority when you will receive the decision, or the amended plan, following Annual Review.

If you are unhappy that a timescale has been missed, and particularly where the delay is preventing support or planning of support for your child, you could complain to the local authority and if you are dissatisfied with their response, to the Local Government & Social Care Ombudsman.