It’s a good idea to continue talking to the local authority when you are in disagreement, as it may be possible to resolve issues without having to lodge an appeal.
Appealing to the SEND Tribunal is a formal legal process and can feel quite daunting for parents. Information and preparation are key – take a look at our information, and if you are undecided or have any questions about appealing, please get in touch.
If you are thinking about appealing the following local authority decisions, you must firstly consider mediation:
- refusal to carry out an EHC needs assessment
- refusal to issue an EHC plan
- the contents of a final EHC plan or amended plan
- decision not to amend an EHC plan
- decision to cease to maintain an EHC plan