I don’t agree with the ‘refusal to issue a plan’ decision, what can I do?

You have the right to mediation and to appeal this decision. 

Before mediation, you should speak to the local authority and arrange a meeting – this information will be included in the letter you have received.

  • You must consider mediation before lodging an appeal 
  • You have 2 months from the date of the decision letter, or one month from the mediation certificate (whichever is the later), in which to lodge an appeal against a decision.
  • Appeal to the SEND Tribunal.

Decision to issue an EHC plan

If the Local Authority decides that an EHC plan is necessary, they will notify you and begin to prepare the draft plan.