What can I do if I have concerns about equal opportunities?

For school age children, take a look at the accessibility plan on the School’s own website, which will include information about how the school plans to improve access for disabled children.

Schools must also publish a SEN Information report and this will explain how they support and include children with SEN, and how they will involve you in the process.

Talk to the educational setting to explain your concerns and why you feel your child is being disadvantaged.

Share any suggestions or adjustments you have for how your child could be supported.

If you still have some concerns you could raise these with the Headteacher, or make a formal complaint to the school and Governing body. The school’s website will have information about their complaints procedure.

If you feel your disabled child has been discriminated against, you could complain to the SEND Tribunal