The Plan

Section H1 within an EHC plan includes:

Any social care provision which must be made for a child or young person under 18 resulting from section 2 of the Chronically Sick and Disabled Persons Act 1970 (CSDPA), such as: 

  • practical assistance in the home
  • clubs and activities outside the home
  • assistance in travelling or helping your child to take part in activities
  • equipment or adaptations to the home
  • holidays
  • non-residential short breaks 
  • any identified provision for parent carers of disabled children

Section H2 of an EHC plan includes any other provision related to your child or young person’s SEN that isn’t covered within section H1; for example,  residential short breaks or support with finding employment or housing.